Starting today a new beta-branch is available in Steam: experimental
As the name suggests it is meant to provide a way to share the latest of what is happening in development with those interested. If you want to try out the newest features then you can now switch to experimental. For those who prefer a more stable and bug-free experience I would recommend staying with the default branch. It is also possible to switch back and forth between stable and experimental at any time.
Some warnings about experimental:
- Progress and setting are kept separate between stable and experimental, so any skins and stars you unlock in experimental will not be unlocked in stable.
- Experimental and stable uses different time-trial leaderboards, so any fast times you set in experimental will not be visible in stable.
- Experimental may be updated more often meaning more patches to download.
- Experimental may contain unfinished, unpolished or broken features.
- Not everything you see in experimental is guaranteed to make it into the stable branch.
To switch to a different branch in the Steam client, right-click on Mindball Play from the library page and select “Properties”. Among the available tabs will be the “BETAS” tab.
Select branch in the dropdown menu under “Select the beta you would like to opt into:”
Available now in experimental is a sneak peek at one of the campaign chapters we are working with. There is also a new focus-indicator for those of you with headbands, more advanced graphics settings and an option for in-game mouse-look.
If all goes well you should also have an updated stable version soon, but without the campaign sneak peek.
Hope to see you in experimental!